Creative Director — As JAZZIZ Magazine entered the New Millennium, and its 20th Anniversary fast approached, the magazine’s founder, Dr. Michael Fagien, wanted to offer his readers a good look at the best of the past, before continuing its musical journey into the future.
With a love of Fusion and Contemporary Jazz musics, Fagien created JAZZIZ in 1983, while a medical student (doing residency) at the University of Florida. Under the editorship of Larry Blumenfeld, JAZZIZ evolved into one of the music industry’s most respected publications.
Starting with the 20th anniversary, here are a number of the covers we put together over the years:
Original Noise Photographers/Illustrators
• Patrick Farrell (photographer)
• Brian Smith (photographer)
• Enid Farber (photographer)
• Jen Renninger (illustrator)
• Linda Zacks (illustrator)
• Skot Olsen (illustrator)
• Emilio Perez (illustrator)
• Bruce Helander (illustrator)