JAZZIZ CREATIVE DIRECTOR — As JAZZIZ Magazine entered the New Millennium, and its 20th Anniversary fast approached, the magazine’s founder, Dr. Michael Fagien, before moving forward, wanted to remind his readers of what the magazine had offered until then.
With a love of Fusion and Contemporary Jazz musics, Fagien created JAZZIZ in 1983, while a medical student (doing residency) at the University of Florida. Under the editorship of Larry Blumenfeld, JAZZIZ evolved into one of the music industry’s most respected publications.
Starting with the 20th anniversary, here are a number of the covers we put together over the years:
Original Noise Photographers/Artists/Illustrators
• Patrick Farrell (photographer)
• Brian Smith (photographer)
• Enid Farber (photographer)
• Jen Renninger (painter/collage artist)
• Linda Zacks (painter/writer)
• Skot Olsen (painter/tattoo artist)
• Emilio Perez (painter/graffiti artist)
• Bruce Helander (collage artist/educator)